Friday, December 30, 2011

APRS for Android

I have been using this App for the Andriod for a number of weeks and it works great.
I,m still learning how to run it and what it does but if you want a cheap way to get onto the APRS net and you have an Andriod phone then this is the way to go. I do believe they have an app for APRS for the I phone.
The app is not free but for $4.49 its still cheap.
Once its installed and up and running people can track you in will time via the APRS.FI.
This App is from Germany so all the distance to other stations are in Kilo
Meters and not in miles.If you not used to KM 1mile = 1.61KM.
So is like me you have a Andriod give it a try and might see your aprs number. Mine is K4STA-5.

For more information follow the link to http://aprsdroid.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment